Summer’s top five hair trends
We asked Rodney Wayne Whangaparaoa Floor Manager Michelle Kidwai to share this summer’s top five hair trends.
1. The short bob makes a return, and we say goodbye to long locks. Expect sophisticated jaw length bobs cut to suit an individual’s face shape. If a longer length is desired, it can be worn with a wave for a more softer textured look.
2. Beach waves are still a big hit especially on the Coast. Heat protection is a must when creating these tousled looks.
3. The modern shag cut with layers to create texture. More guests are coming into the salon wanting a easy, low-maintenance style and this is perfect.
4. Textured braids are a great option for the beach. Wearing a sun hat won’t spoil the look.
5. Fringes are back... bangs create a soft low-maintenance look while framing the face. If you wear your hair up, a softer look can be achieved with a fringe.
Summer’s top five hair products
Vachelle Heron, who looks after Shampoo N Things, the retail hub within Rodney Wayne, reveals her top five products for great summer hair.
1. Miracle hair leave-in treatment
2. Kerastase Soleil shampoo & mask with moisture, UV & color protection
3. Loreal tecni art Anti Frizz spray
4. Salt spray for beach waves
5. Biolage All-In-One coconut infused spray